Cycling continues smooth ride May 1, 2015
The Sports & Fitness Industry Association with research done by Sports Marketing Surveys USA released the 2015 participation report that ranked sports activities by number of participants. Road bicycling ranked 7th on the survey’s top 10 list with 20.4 million core participants in 2014 and stationary biking 10th with 17.4 . A core participant is someone who biked 26 or more times per year.
The top 10 sports by participation are as follows:
“The SFIA’s top 10 core participation activities (by number of participants):
- Walking for fitness (50+ times/year): 76.8 million
- Running/jogging (50+ times/year): 28 million
- Treadmill (50+ times/year): 27.7 million
- Stretching (50+ times/year): 26 million
- Free weights (hand weights) under 15 lbs. (50+ times/year): 24.8 million
- Weight resistance machines (50+ times/year): 21.2 million
- Bicycling (Road/Paved) (26+ times/year): 20.4 million
- Free weights (dumbbells) over 15 lbs. (50+ times/year): 19 million
- Fishing (freshwater/other) (8+ times/year): 17.9 million
- Stationary cycling (recumbent/upright) (50+ times/year): 17.4 million”
To see the whole article see below.
If you have a question regarding the remainder of the list contact sports marketing surveys at 561-427-0648